We’re hiring! If you are good at building relationships and working with others, we need an Integration Literacy Coordinator.
The integration literacy coordinator is responsible for working closely with settlement worker groups to identify the literacy needs of permanent residents of all ages, and design appropriate programs for them. The position will build language and literacy skills through non-formal programs, provide relevant resources and tools and ongoing support.
Candidates should possess:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in education, adult education, social work, or community development
- Training in family literacy
- 3 –5 years’ experience in integration, preferably in the NWT
- Strong facilitation, consultation and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills
- The ability to travel
- A driver’s license and use of a vehicle
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
This is a full-time term position to March 31, 2018 with the possibility of renewal and is based in Yellowknife. Salary is based on the candidate’s abilities and experience. You can download a copy of the job description here, or call our office for more information.
Employment is dependent on a successful criminal records check.
Submit resumes by Friday, August 18th, 2017 at noon to:
NWT Literacy Council
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2N6